I recall quite vividly that first day of class when Mrs. Welsford announced that we would need to create Twitter accounts and Tweet daily while in this course. SAY WHAT?
Oh my gosh, my panic level went up significantly. Prior to the course starting, I had struggled to get my Blog going. I felt pretty proud of myself that I had accomplished that! Now, you're telling me that I have to Tweet! As with most things technological, as my family can attest to, I panic first and then once I'm calm, I play around with the technology only to find that it wasn't so bad after all. This is what happened with Blogging and Tweeting. I have found both rather easy to use and I can certainly see me using both of these methods of communication in my teaching practice.
As a non iPad user, I was initially a little intimidated about using the iPad but I can honestly say that I am a convert. I have found the iPad very easy to use, I LOVE all of the built in adaptability options and the Apps that we have worked with in this class have all been fairly easy to use. Each day I have commented in my Blog about the Apps that we have learned and about the discussions that we have had, so I'm not going to do that again here.
What I am going to do here is thank my classmates for their patience and understanding for all of us non-techies. (Shout out here to Jasmine who somehow within literally five minutes into class became my, along with several others' tech support. Thanks Jasmine)
I also want to thank Mrs. Welsford for opening up my mind to the wonders of Assistive Technology. Not only did I learn about the myth of average, presumed competency and universal design for learning, I learned how AT can change the lives of so many of our students. Especially our students with low incidence disabilities.
There are so many aspects of this course that I can and will take back to my daily practice.
Thanks to all of my fellow AT friends for making it fun! Enjoy the rest of you summer everyone! WE'RE DONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment